Thursday, October 9, 2008

raspberries!







Conrad loves berries. Blueberries are still his favorite, but strawberries and raspberries are right up there. We have just a few raspberry plants that were transplanted this spring from my friend's farm in Chatfield, and Conrad is sure to check them every day. When he's done with that "chore", if I'm working in the garden he'll usually stick around and play in the sand. I was really hoping when I bought this toy that it would entertain him and allow me more time in the garden and it seemed to do the trick this year. Hope it still works next year!



I also took some pictures recently of our prairie and home.



















And here's just a fun picture from yesterday. I switched my day off this week so we enjoyed the fabulous weather we had yesterday. We picked pumpkin and squash (blue pumpkin and pink banana squash!) then went into mom's place to bake them. I used the pumpkin puree, which was a beautiful golden color, to make pumpkin bars. After naptime, we went for a walk with Grandma to soak in some more sunshine then went home to work in the garden (and check the raspberries again, play in the sandbox, sample the cherry tomatoes).