Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Imaginative Play and good friends

Conrad is sharing his breakfast with Mr. Horse. They're eating in a "tunnel". (not a fort - whatever that difference is)

Conrad also drives a car, goes to school, takes lots of pretend naps, is a shark, is a puppy, is a lion, and is daddy. He enjoys camping, hiking, and sleeping in tents - and goes all by himself. He also swims in the ocean, sprays water at as using an empty paper towel roll, and cleans his arms and legs using the magnet on the end of his toy fishing pole. Apparently he has a sister too. I've been scolded not one, not twice, but FOUR times for pushing her. (two different days, one day I was cooking dinner when I was accused). He likes the color pink the most right now and we're listening to a pink story about a boy. (Actually, we're listening to Hatchet by Gary Paulson and there's a boy on the cover with a tinge of pink in the background)
.
Speaking of listening to stories, this started during our Utah trip. I had the audio book for Hoot by Carl Hiaasen to listen to during the drive because I would be going to a book club the early part of March. It's target audience is more 10-15 year olds, but it's a nice break from heavier books (group is currently reading "Omnivore's Dilemna by Michael Pollan). I don't know that Conrad actually followed the story, or just liked the guy's voice, but whenever I would turn it off or take it out to switch CD's he would pipe up and tell me to put it back on or in.
.

Mid-March I decided to try another story, just for Conrad. This time it was Holes, by Louis Sachar. Same thing. And now we're listening to Hatchet.


Here's "Conrad Bird" hanging out in his nest with Mr. Horse and Grandma's train.