Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Springtime with a Toddler

Every season is fun with Conrad! This spring has been a whirlwind (in the good way). We've kept pretty busy doing exactly what we want to be doing...here's a few pictures from the last couple months...
Conrad and Tim "driving" the tractor. No, we don't really let him up there when it's running! In fact, if we're going to be outside while Tim is mowing or moving dirt, I lock Conrad in the garden with me so I KNOW he can't surprise us by being somewhere we don't expect him to be.


In May Conrad and I went biking on the Douglas Trail. He fell asleep in his Chariot (bike and Chariot can be seen in the background) so I continued past Douglas..further than I even realized. I probably should have turned around a bit sooner than I did, when he woke up he was HUNGRY and I really didn't want to stop and feed him trailside. He hung on, we made it back to Douglas and had a lovely picnic. One of his favorite stories this spring is Shel Silverstein's book, The Giving Tree. The boy in the story wears a crown of leaves, Conrad wears a crown of dandelions!
It can't be spring without wind. Lots of wind at the prairie. One evening while I worked in the garden, Tim took CW across the valley to try out our new kite. Conrad rec'd a few kites for Easter, the kind that break after one or two uses. It was enough for us to see how much he enjoyed watching and flying kites so we bought a kite at REI during the spring sales. It's hard to see in this picture, but Conrad is actually flying the kite!


For Mother's Day, we went hiking at Carley State Park. The spring flowers there are phenomenal!







And as spring is turning into summer, the DQ visits begin. Here's Conrad with his buddy Isaac. (dads below).