Wednesday, October 21, 2009

life lessons

Monday was Tim's birthday. Since we still don't have an oven, I knew it would be a fun surprise for Tim to get a cake for his birthday. I asked mom to make the cake through the day Monday and I would frost it after work. So Conrad and Grandma baked it (Conrad called me about noon at work to let me know he helped make a cake for daddy - I love hearing from him when I'm at work!)
Then that night we took the cake home to finish it. Tim had the second car because he had to pick up wood in Chatfield before coming home so it worked out well. Thank goodness the cake was just for us - Conrad just couldn't keep his tongue off the frosting! We had a lot of fun decorating it....



Monday also happened to be the nicest day we've had for awhile and my garlic had conveniently just been delivered a few days prior. Conrad helped me dig holes to plant it, and then we pulled the last of the carrots. I absolutely love knowing that he is learning where food really comes from!