Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A true MN boy




The last two days CW has been begging to walk (as opposed to riding in the chariot). Not sure why all of a sudden he's wanting to walk, especially now that we're feeling -20 wind chills again. Monday night I talked him out of it; by the time we were getting home it was nearly dark and the winds were strong. Last night he asked again, and we were home before dark so my only argument was how cold it was. He promised if he started feeling cold he would tell me and get in the chariot with no fussing. I expected he would make it 2 minutes, 5 tops. The little bugger made the entire 1/2 mile hike, and made it look like fun! He was skipping, running, jumping off little mounds of snow. I was wishing I had a camera to capture it. Although even if I had one I don't know if I would have wanted to take off my mitts to use it! I did feel quite pleased that we must have a good combination of outer gear for him if he's wanting to be outside and can handle such extreme cold.