Wednesday, February 24, 2010

big brother love

We've tried and tried but Conrad just doesn't want to be caught on camera. He'll hug and kiss my belly, recently he's started singing to her but he just has no interest in doing any of it if there's a camera around. Most mornings CW and I snuggle before starting our day but both yesterday and today he's informed me he's snuggling with Norrie instead. Yesterday morning the song was something like "I love you, sweet baby Norrie. Sweet baby Norrie. I love you". This morning the song was Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He lays his head on my tummy while singing and both times Norrie has responded with movement.

The last several nights I've been reading the bedtime stories and Conrad spends the entire time leaning up against me, his head and one hand resting on my belly. He still thinks she's coming in March, but I've started warning him that it may be sooner than that.

I think overall we're as ready as we'll be. We're pretty settled in at the "new" place, I have bags packed for myself and for Conrad, and we have as much planned as we can as far as who/when/where Conrad will be going when it all happens. Now we wait. :)