Norrie Anne Tuinstra. She was FINALLY born March 15. Arrived at 1:32pm, weighed 8#7oz.
Delivery was quick and intense. We went in to be induced, but since my body had been ready for weeks and monitoring showed several contractions already taking place (I just couldn't feel them!), the only intervention the midwife did was to break my water. That was about 9am, at 1:27 she said I was entering stage 2 labor and by 1:32 (3 pushes?) Norrie was born.
Delivery was quick and intense. We went in to be induced, but since my body had been ready for weeks and monitoring showed several contractions already taking place (I just couldn't feel them!), the only intervention the midwife did was to break my water. That was about 9am, at 1:27 she said I was entering stage 2 labor and by 1:32 (3 pushes?) Norrie was born.
It took three weeks to get her birth weight back
and we ended up having to supplement. Thanks to a couple awesome friends we've been able to give her donor milk instead of formula. A week ago I ended up back in the hospital and an ultrasound showed some retained tissue...now that has been treated and here's hoping that my milk supply will increase to provide enough for our little girl!