Wednesday, June 15, 2011

siblings

Don't be fooled. There are definitely days they are not this sweet.
But how cute is that?!?! Conrad asked if he could wake up Norrie and I gave him permission because we had to get moving anyway to get him to school on time (this was last month). So he crawls in bed and starts giving her kisses!










This is from a different morning. Playing on the bed. It's all fun and games until someone falls off. But they crawl up and do it again. And again. And again. I'm glad it's such a low bed.








































I was in the other room making breakfast and poked my head in to check on them (they were being too quiet). This is what I found.


















Now the not so sweet (but still kind of funny) stories. Last week they each had a glass of water. Conrad's cup I fill 1/2 to 3/4 full, Norrie's cup has just a bit on the bottom since most of ends up on her shirt anyway. Norrie hands me her cup, I set it on the table. She reaches up to grasp the cup, and spills the last drop or two on her face as it tips towards her. I give her a bit more, she drinks it and hands it back to me. I set it on the table, this time further from the edge so she can't reach it. Conrad, having watched what happened, pours his water into her cup and moves it to the edge. I caught it just in time. What a stinker! She would have had an entire cup of water poured on her face!




When I asked Conrad why he did that, he shrugs and said he was just having fun with her. I actually believe that a part of him didn't understand why what he did was kind of mean.








Conrad has a favorite notebook. I'll post a picture sometime, it's something his grandma Mary made. He carries it everywhere, even into the grocery store when I let him. He's constantly drawing or "writing" in it. When/if he sets it down, Norrie is quick to pick it up. I think she enjoys the reaction she gets from him. She always does it with a huge smile and mischievous eyes. Conrad has started stuffing the pad/notebook cover/pens into a canister type tin when he's not using it, because he knows Norrie is unable to open it and get at his things. And then he gets a reaction from her because she watches him put them in there and she gets frustrated when the top doesn't open to give her access.




oh, kids.