Monday, August 15, 2011

July Highlights

We went swimming in a "real pool" twice.















































And swimming at the Prairie Pool. This water is actually rainwater collected from an overnight storm. :)




















































Coloring/drawing/art - not a day goes by that Conrad isn't creating something. And Norrie just likes to be by him, do what he does, say what he says.













playing ball at a park.


























More rainwater to play in!










































bird-watching. I love my feeders that Tim and Conrad gave me last spring. We regularly see downy woodpeckers, hairy woodpeckers, indigo buntings, hummingbirds, blue-jay, black-cap chickadees, goldfinches, purple and/or house finches (still not sure I can tell those apart!). Here I captured a shot with an Indigo Bunting and a downy woodpecker.










Conrad's home-made kite (using a shopping bag and ribbon). Must have been a cooler day...






















And this one must have been a bit warmer!
















Norrie - entertaining herself with a bowl of uncooked rice. And when she gets tired of that, I pour in something different like red lentils, oats, or wheat berries. It's a great way to get a little more time