As soon as there was enough (barely) snow cover Conrad was begging to ski. 


And when I put Norrie down for a nap that afternoon, CW and I went sledding. We found enough cover (again, barely) in Skow's bean field on an east facing slope. It wasn't a fast ride, but it was L-O-N-G. We had to get creative and experiment how to get Conrad down the hill - he didn't weigh enough to go very far on his own. I created a track by kneeling on a sled and pushing myself forward all the way down the hill. Then Conrad could make a bit more distance and stay straight by following the track. We discovered if I came down the track behind him, when he stopped I could bump him from behind, connect up like a train, and make it together all the way to the end of the track. It was pretty awesome.
And when he tired of that, we switched to snow shoes.
And when I put Norrie down for a nap that afternoon, CW and I went sledding. We found enough cover (again, barely) in Skow's bean field on an east facing slope. It wasn't a fast ride, but it was L-O-N-G. We had to get creative and experiment how to get Conrad down the hill - he didn't weigh enough to go very far on his own. I created a track by kneeling on a sled and pushing myself forward all the way down the hill. Then Conrad could make a bit more distance and stay straight by following the track. We discovered if I came down the track behind him, when he stopped I could bump him from behind, connect up like a train, and make it together all the way to the end of the track. It was pretty awesome.
Norrie would have been just fine sledding with us on that kind of slope so next time we'll include her. And maybe I'll get pictures next time too.