Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Swimming Lessons



Although I originally planned on teaching kids to swim myself (how hard could it be?), I finally just signed them up for lessons instead.  I had hoped to take the kids swimming frequently this summer since the pool is only blocks away from daycare but when I found out the pool didn't open until 1pm that pretty well shut that idea down. (daycare drop off is 1:15pm)

Next thought was just sign up Conrad.  Then last weeks heat came.  Nope, Norrie is signed up too (because that means mommy gets to swim as well!)

 Conrad is loving it.  LOVING IT.  And the games he tells me about are pretty creative means to get the kids to do some basic (but sometimes scary to them) things in the water.
 Meanwhile, it's open swim time for Norrie and I in the kiddie pool.  There is an instructor, and so far he's provided toys and extra set of eyes to watch the little ones when mom's are distracted taking pictures of older siblings across the fence :)

After swimming, we shower then walk to the shady park next to the pool.  Towels and suits are laid out to dry (Conrad's job) while Norrie and I unpack a picnic.  We enjoy about an hour of downtime before daycare drop off.  It's going to be a great two weeks.