This past week Conrad hit a milestone we wish he could have just skipped. He's started telling us no! So far it's mostly just when it's nap time or bed time....but I suspect this may spread? It's too bad, we thought we had him "trained" so well - before this latest development all we had to do after reading stories and brushing teeth was tell him to find his nook. He would go to the kitchen drawer where we kept his pacifier and retrieve it himself, then walk to his crib and wait to be lifted in.
In other news, I took him to a new child care center today for the first time. He's had babysitters (friends and family) and goes to daycare (Grandma Mary's house) but today he went to Knowledge Beginnings and was surrounded by strangers and new kids for the first time. It's located downtown near the Healthy Living Center and for $3 I could leave him there for up to 2 hours and work out. Of course being the way I am, I wanted to get my money's worth so I did two classes back to back. (dance, then yoga - it was a great combination!) Conrad did just fine, wouldn't even say good-bye he was so excited to get into the play area. When I picked him up he was a very happy tired boy and took a 3 1/2 hour nap. Love that!