Friday, October 17, 2008

headlamp, bearspray, and running shoes

I tried something new this morning. I set out my shoes and clothes last night and set the alarm a bit earlier and this morning I actually got up and went running. I used to run in college. I was more motivated and had friends that were runners so it was a healthy way to socialize. It's not that I don't like running, I just don't like being out of breath or sweating alot. For those reasons, swimming, yoga, and walking have been my activities of choice for many years. I just don't get to do them often enough for various reasons.



I went for a walk yesterday with a friend from highschool that also has a little boy. She's a runner, always has been. I used to run with her during summer breaks back in the day. She's hardcore about getting her workouts in and I was inspired I guess.



So this morning I was up and out. Took my headlamp for when I got closer to the hog farm so I could see the black bull calves that like to sneak out under the fence and took the bearspray for the same black calves (or anything else I may encounter). These little bulls are getting big enough to be dangerous and I don't trust them. For most of the run though I just kept the headlamp turned off. The moon was up and offered enough light, despite the cloud cover. It was actually pretty cool. I wonder if I have enough motivation to wake up early on a Saturday?