Monday, October 20, 2008

Tim's 30!



For his birthday on Sunday we went out to breakfast with friends from church, then drove around Lake Pepin to see fall colors. We brought a picnic lunch but after such a large breakfast it was unnecessary. We did manage to make enough room though for ice cream from the Nelson Cheese Factory. Conrad slept for the first half of the drive, we woke him up for ice cream. From there to Lake City he was pretty content watching the water. We got out at Lake City to stretch legs, watch the boats, and explore the playground. The rest of the way home, CW read his book (Momma, will you?) and I read mine (Calm and Compassionate Children) and Tim enjoyed the quiet drive.
***progress report - yes, I am still running in the mornings! I skipped Sunday (day of rest, right?) and Tuesday morning (very frigid). Saturday was a great one - I took CW and we went down past the neighbors and to the creek. I didn't really run the whole way though, maybe next summer I'll be able to tackle that.