Tuesday, November 16, 2010

days at home

I came across this draft from last month. I had the pictures added but never posted.




these pictures were obviously taken before we were slammed with snow. Last month we got an extra "stay at home" day because Tim was scheduled to work really early. Rather than all of us have to get up and into town before 6am, or my struggling with both kids on my own and still making it to work before 7am (which would include a 20 minute drive, then dropping kids at daycare, then catching a bus) I opted to take the day off and just enjoy a lovely day. We stayed in our pajamas all day, just because we could. Conrad and I played school, colored, painted and stacked blocks for Norrie to knock down. Then we loaded up in the chariot for a walk. Really, I just wanted some time alone and this is a surefire way of getting it. They zonked out rather quickly. By the time we got down to the river they were both asleep so I parked the chariot and had a nice quiet moment. Or 30. It was lovely.