Tuesday, December 14, 2010

more time at home



We often get asked how we live in such a small space. How we could possibly survive, what the heck do we do in the evenings? Well, first of all, there's not a whole lot of "spare time". We get home, make and eat dinner, do dishes and go to bed. I can't figure out how anyone can spend 2+ hours a night to watch tv, and still get the day to day stuff accomplished and get 8 hours of sleep. I've been told it's usually the 8 hours of sleep that doesn't happen. I guess I like my sleep too much. But maybe it's convenience foods, or a dishwasher, that helps add hours into an evening for some?
Anyway, we do make it work living in a small space. We read, play pretend, work with play-doh, get out some toys, games, puzzles. There's plenty to do!