Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Garden

not much to see yet. I finally purchased some asparagus to put in this year. (see trenches)


















Conrad helped me set up my new bean towers (square shaped towers). Then I stuck in a couple tomato cages to see how it will all fit - planning an eggplant and pepper plant between the pole beans. To the right of that I already have onions planted (marked by the wood). Most of the green in the picture is weeds or grass, but one spot is actually a crazy onion plant I got from a friend's dad several years ago. It is HARDY! It comes up before the snow melts! And in the bed farthest from the camera, I have some peas, carrots, and swiss chard planted.











This is one of the projects Tim did on Easter Sunday. I finally bought some strawberry plants this year too, and here's their new little home.












Potatoes were all in by Good Friday :)



















And the raspberry plants are cleaned up and ready for summer!



















My little garden helper :)

(he's watering the rhubarb. And talking to it. So cute)