
For Thanksgiving this year, we reserved the group shelter at a state park so we would have plenty of space to eat, play, string popcorn, and get outside hiking.


It was nice having so many tables; three were assigned for dining, two to three for games and crafts, and two for the buffet set up. And there were still tables leftover for whatever other use.

Here's CW and I chilling by the fire. For a child that loves his naps, he did really well staying up all day. He was a little upset at 5pm when we loaded up into the car and he realized it was getting dark and he had never got a nap, but he fell asleep before we were even out of the park and snoozed the hour in the car. When he woke up, he informed me he was hungry. Really?!? I was hoping to not have to cook after the enormous meal we had earlier. I offered him a banana or crackers and he informed me he didn't want a SNACK, he wanted 'real food, a dinner'. Thank goodness for mac n cheese - everyone was happy with that option.