Wednesday, December 2, 2009

my little yogi

I've started waking up a bit earlier most mornings so I can get some quiet alone time before the boys are awake. I usually get a few stretches in, but some mornings it's just too darn cold or I'm too tired and instead I just sit on the floor in front of the stove with a blanket around my shoulders.

Conrad has woken up a few times, confused as to why I wasn't next to him. At first he would crawl to the edge of the bed and ask what I was doing. Once or twice he joined me, but only for a few minutes because he would get cold and decide to go snuggle with daddy. Now with our holiday decorations up, I've taken my yoga mat and bag down and they lay on the floor next to CW's bed. At random times he has decided to take the mat out and stretch (like mommy does). So to encourage his curiosity, I found a book at the library with pictures of kids doing yoga. It's fun to watch him flip through the book and pick out the poses he wants to try. Some he skips because they "look too hard", other times he'll ask me if I can help him and then I end up down on the floor with him.